Event: CHANDRAYAAN 3 MODEL MAKING
Date: 28th August 2023 Day: Monday Time: 1.45 pm Venue: Open Auditorium
Event Coordinator: Mr. Praveen N, SWC Officer, Mr. Chenga Reddy, SWC coordinator
Participants: Admin staff and Faculty members of various departments.
Chandrayaan 3, India’s third lunar mission, achieved a historic milestone by successfully landing on the moon’s far side after a month-long journey through space. India became the first nation to position a rover near the southern pole.
The Student Welfare Council (SWC) had taken the initiative to create a Chandrayaan 3, Vikram Lander and rover model to give awareness about the mission such as:
1. The Chandrayaan-3 mission was launched on July 14 from India main space port in the Southern state of Andhra Pradesh.
2. ISRO Chandrayaan-3 mission cost is roughly ₹650 crore
3. The Chandrayaan-3 lander stands about 2 meters tall and has a mass of just over 1,700 kg.
4. The Chandrayaan-3 Lander has solar panels on four sides.
5. It would be able to land, and stabilize, even at a speed of 3 m/sec, or 10.8 km/hour.
6. A rover, which is a small vehicle that is meant to move around on the Moon’s surface, then came out of the Lander.
7. A Lander does not have wheels; it has stilts, or legs, which are supposed to touch down on the
8. The landing site is near the south pole of the moon at 70 degrees latitude.
9. Vikram lander with a mass of 1749.86 kg.
10. Rover Pragyan inside it, has a mission life of one Lunar day, which is equivalent to 14 Earth days.
11. The mission will help in discovering what kinds of chemicals are found on Moon and oil. Such as magnesium, Aluminum, Silicon, Potassium, Calcium, Titanium, and Iron
12. India has become the only country to land its spacecraft on the South Pole region of the Moon.
13. India is the fourth country to do a soft landing on Moon.
14. Previously, China, the US, and the Soviet Union have achieved this milestone.
15. Companies behind the making of the Chandrayaan-3 spacecraft:
- Larson and Tubro
- Mishra Dhatu Nigam
- Godrej Aerospace
- Ankit Aerospace
16. People behind the making of the Chandrayaan-3 spacecraft:
- ISRO Chairman S Somanath.
- Project Director, P Veeramuthuvel
- Unnikrishnan Nair, Director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre
- M Sankaran, Director of U R Rao Satellite Centre (URSC)
17. Successfully landed on the lunar surface at 6:04 pm on August 23.
The following are the students taken initiative to build the model:
- Mr .kethan Vignesh N 2nd BBA
- Ms. Akshitha 2nd BBA
- Ms .Abinaya S 1st BCA
- Ms .Bhagya Lakshmi 1st BCA
- Ms .Ridaa kauser 1st PMCS
- Ms .Hajira Khanum 1st BCA